- (Mark 1:14-15) Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into
Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
- (Mat 4:17) From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
- (Mat 4:23) And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom ...
- (Mat 9:35) And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom ...
- (Luke 4:43) And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.
- (Luke 8:1) And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and showing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him,
- (Mat 24:14) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
All that Jesus of Nazareth spoke about was in line with what the OT prophets spoke about ... the restoration and the coming of GOD's kingdom upon the earth based in Jerusalem!! Even his disciples after his last discourse on the matter asked ...
(Acts 1:3) To whom also he showed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: ...
(Acts 1:6-7) When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again
And all his disciples/apostles preached the very same thing, that is,
- (Luke 9:2) And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to
heal the sick.
(Luke 9:6) And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.
- (Acts 8:12) But when they believed Philip preaching the things
concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of
Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
- (Acts 20:25) And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.
- (Acts 28:23) And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
- (Acts 28:30-31) And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, 31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.
Conclusion: One cannot say that Jesus said nothing about his future ruling in Jerusalem?
There is nowhere in the scriptures that speak of Messiah being currently seated at the right hand of GOD in Heaven as meaning that he is now seated on the throne of David!
Christ will not remain forever in Heaven ... he must return to the earth to be
enthroned upon the throne of David in Jerusalem as promised in the scriptures.
Hence Peter declares ...
(Acts 3:20-21) And he [GOD] shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive UNTIL the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
Remember ... (Rom 15:8) Now I say that Jesus Christ was a
minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises
made unto the fathers:
To confirm the promises GOD made. GOD promised no one Heaven! NO! GOD promised again and again that He would restore the Kingdom, He would restore the earth, and He also promised David, that his seed will one day sit upon his throne. [Psa 132.11]
Messiah Jesus came to confirm all GOD's promises!
Thirdly ... there are many verses to show the scriptural teaching of the future ruling of Messiah Jesus in literal Jerusalem on literal earth.
Remember, both Christ and the Apostles used the OT to preach the Kingdom of GOD. The Apostles used the OT to preach Christ. We have the same OT; plus the words of Christ and his apostles in the NT!
They all speak of the future coming of the Messiah, coming with the Kingdom of GOD! If I am wrong, show me where I am wrong.
You must look at ALL the verses! One does not take 1 or 2 verses that appear to say something else and state that it is the right interpretation; when there are myriad of other verses pointing to a literal coming & a literal ruling of a literal king coming to a literal earth to reign from the literal throne of David.
Scriptures such as Gal 4:26 and Heb 12:22-23 must be interpreted in the light of all the other scriptures.
Remember, just because something is called spiritual .. it does not necessarily make that thing, incorporeal, intangible or ethereal
The coming Kingdom & the restored city of Jerusalem to come, will be both spiritual and heavenly; yet they will be literal, physical and tangible; even as the resurrected body of Christ and the future bodies of the saints, are both spiritual and heavenly; yet literal, physical and tangible.
Practically everything that Jesus and the Apostles spoke about ...
focused and hinged on the future ruling of Jesus the Messiah in literal Jerusalem on literal earth.
Reader, … believest thou the prophets? ... (Acts 26:27)