Shalom! My name is Adam Pastor

Welcome to ADONI MESSIAH which means
"My Lord Messiah" -
a fitting epithet to who Jesus (or Yeshua) is!

Here, I attempt to present the Apostolic Truths according to the Scriptures, that there is
One GOD, the Father, namely, YAHWEH,
and One Lord, GOD's only begotten Son,
Yeshua the Messiah.

And that one day YAHWEH will send His Son back to Earth to inaugurate the Everlasting Kingdom of GOD



Enjoy!


Friday, May 01, 2015

Why I no longer believe in the doctrine of the Trinity by Jose Cervera


Why I no longer believe in the doctrine of the Trinity


The doctrine of the Trinity is one of the most central and fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith. The vast majority of Christian denominations and churches fully agree on this doctrine. There are only a few groups out there who are known for their denial of this definition of God. ... It has been taught for centuries, basically since 325 AD. So to deny this teaching is to commit theological suicide. It’s really that big of a deal — huge.

But if this is true, if the Trinity is so essential to the Christian faith and salvation, why then have I renounced it? Have I gone mad? Am I no longer a Christian? Have I rejected the teachings of Scripture? The answer is plain and very simple: it’s not biblical. I know this may seem like a pretty bold statement considering that the teaching of the Trinity is the majority view. But I ask that you simply hear me out, because many people don’t understand how I came to this conclusion and it seems like many people think they know me, but they really don’t.

Throughout all of my Christian walk I have taught and defended the doctrine of the Trinity with a passion. Back in my earlier walk I would engage myself in countless debates with Muslims, Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses, and anyone else who came to me to challenge this doctrine. It was something that I was so sure about even though I never really challenged or questioned it; I simply accepted it as pure truth since that is what we are taught in church. It seemed like I didn't have a problem putting everything else to the test, but for some reason I left the Trinity alone and thought of it as an indisputable, unarguable fact.

But recently a brother in the Lord offered to have a discussion on this topic. But some background first: this brother sent me a friend request on Facebook because apparently a mutual friend recommended me to him (seeing that we had a lot in common). It wasn't long before I noticed from his posts that he didn't believe in the Trinity. And just to make this clear, this brother never once came to me attempting to force his doctrine on me. It was never even brought up. He accepted me as a brother in the Lord fully knowing my theological stance. In fact it was I who approached him seeking answers. Like I said, I never questioned the Trinity, but for some reason things were different. I truly don't know how I even came to take any other position into consideration; perhaps God wanted me to look into this for a reason.The only two views I had ever taken into consideration were the Trinitarian and Modalist view. I honestly had never thought of any other alternative. And I was so certain that the doctrine of the Trinity was the absolute truth.  

It came down to this: if I truly wanted to be someone who believes in biblical truth, I should be a person who tests all things, including my own beliefs. In order to find out the truth you need to look at both sides of the argument and adopt the one with the strongest support. So I asked this brother if he could talk to me about his view and if he could answer some of my questions. He never attempted to exert his ideas in a forceful manner, he was always fair with his explanations. I brought up just about every verse used to support the Trinitarian view and asked how he interpreted them. After our discussion was over I didn't accept this new view right then and there; I had to think about it for some time. For a series of weeks I was pondering on this issue in my mind, along with meditation and prayer. Over and over I would tell God to please take me off this path if I was in error and to please reveal the truth to me. 

Eventually it all became clear. This whole time I was wearing these Trinitarian lenses when reading the scriptures; fooling myself into thinking that this doctrine was biblical. I had finally realized that what I believed is a lie. The truth was so overwhelming; I couldn't stop thinking about it. 

Never before had I attempted to discuss this topic in a skeptical way; I never wanted to challenge it. When I finally did I wondered if I had made a mistake and felt as if I was falling into deception and embracing a heretical view. But after studying the Scriptures it was like drinking fresh cold water on a hot day when I found out the truth. Once I changed my view I wanted to share it, but at the same time I was concerned. I thought I would be rejected by my brothers and sisters whom I have known for so long. I thought if the news spread I might be looked down upon and lose people's respect. I didn't want to be known as a heretic or cult member. I didn't want anyone to think of me in a negative way. But if truth is truth, why be worried? As Paul says, who am I trying to please... It doesn't matter what people think of me; all that matters is what God thinks of me and that I am in the truth and not in falsehood, the awful alternative.

I came out with my change of doctrine, and the response was as expected. I was accused of no longer being a Christian and was called a heretic. The reason why I wanted to make a public announcement was so that I wouldn't be put in an awkward situation where I was forced to come out, or catch others by surprise. It’s better for people to know. And even though I received negative reactions, they didn't affect me at all. I wasn't going to allow false accusations to get in the way of my sincere search for truth. Whether people approve of me or not will not determine if I am in the truth. I must stand tall and proclaim what I believe even if I’m the only one standing. “Let God be true but every man a liar.”

So after much study, meditation, and prayer, I came to the conclusion that the doctrine of the Trinity is both illogical and unbiblical. What then do I believe? I believe that there is One God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who created Adam and Eve and placed them in the garden, who chose Moses to lead the people out of Egypt, who was with David when he defeated Goliath, who protected Daniel in the den of lions, the God who brought into existence His uniquely begotten Son as a sacrifice for our sins. That God who is YHWH is the only true God; there is none besides Him. Jesus Christ is His Son. The Son is not God.There was a time when the Son was not; he was created (Luke 1:35). Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and he’s been given power and authority by God. Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God. The Holy Spirit is the very dynamic power and presence of God; it’s not a third Person. It’s God’s and Jesus’ very power. There are not three Persons who are God. There’s only the Father who alone is the one God, His power, and His Son.

Of course I am still learning, as we all are, but so far as I have read the Scriptures, this is the conclusion that I have come to. And if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me, I will be more than happy to answer any objections you may have or any clarification you may want. I’m also available if you want to debate me on this issue. But I ask that you please don’t approach me with a wanna-be prophet attitude rebuking me and calling me a heretic, telling me that I have damned myself to hell; I get enough of that already and it will only waste time and draw away from the topic. If you come to me with the wrong attitude I will not take you seriously and will avoid engaging in any kind of discussion with you. Be prepared, come ready, and be of a reasonable mind. I have already written many notes on my Facebook page debunking supposed Trinity proof texts and also disproving Trinitarian concepts using the Scriptures. You’re more than welcome to take a look at them and attempt to debunk them and or critique them. I'm all ears. 

To my Trinitarian brothers and sisters, I write this plea that you reconsider your beliefs as I have; put the doctrine of the trinity to the test. Look also into the history and development of this doctrine. This was not taught by any person in the bible, this teaching did not come out of the mouth of Jesus or any of the Apostles. This teaching comes out of the mouth of man; influenced not by scripture, but by Greek philosophy/mythology. Simply look at what God has already said about Himself in the scriptures, don't add to His words. 

Shalom. 

Powered By Blogger